Lose excess fat & get a slimmer body with liposuction in Scottsdale AZ
In today’s fast paced world filled with prepared foods on every corner, almost everybody wants to get rid of excess fat, a beer belly, or those unsightly “muffin top” love handles. Even the most fit among us find losing fat a daunting task. We spend countless hours and at the gym, run or cycle seemingly endless miles and spend time and effort on proper diet options. Unfortunately for some, no matter how much effort we put into it, there will always be excess fat on our bodies.
In order to obtain a confidence building perfect form, many people turn to Liposuction. Liposuction is a form of surgery that has become very popular, not just in Scottsdale, AZ but nationwide over the past thirty plus years. For some people liposuction is the only realistic way they will ever lose the unsightly and fats from troublesome parts of the body such as the back, hips, buttocks, abdomen, upper arms, thighs and under the chin.
Liposuction, more commonly referred to as Lipo, is a cosmetic procedure that removes fat that you just can’t rid of with regular exercise and a healthy diet. Liposuction can help improve your shape and is frequently done in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures including facelifts, breast reductions and tummy tucks.
Are you a good candidate for liposuction?
Maybe, but before you go any farther you have to understand a few things about the procedure and to have realistic expectations. You must understand that liposuction alone will not get rid of cellulite. If you have cellulite, and nine out of ten women do, chances are you have tried several things to try and get rid of it, only to have temporary, disappointing results. If you don’t target the causes of cellulite, you will never have a long-lasting effect. You can scrub, lift weights, eat kale for every meal use scary looking machines and nothing will make it go away. Weight gain, lack of exercise and poor diet are not the causes.
In a nutshell, cellulite is made up of three biological factors.
- Fibrous collagen bands under your skin. You really have to do something to interrupt or alter these bands to improve cellulite.
- Your skins elasticity. Tighter skin allows it to bounce back. Loose skin allows fat to fill in spaces creating a more obvious appearance of cellulite. Skin elasticity is affected by factors such as how old you are and how much time you have spent in the sun without sunscreen.
- Fat is a contributing factor and women have larger fat cells then men. Thanks estrogen! This allows the fat to push into the skin while the fibrous bands pull downward causing an uneven skin surface.
Now that the expectations are set, understand that liposuction is a surgical procedure. Every procedure comes with a certain amount of risk. To be considered for liposuction surgery you must be in generally good health and:
- Be within 30% of your ideal weight.
- Have firm, elastic skin.
- Not be a smoker.
- Free of heart disease, Blood flow issues, weak immune system and be non-diabetic.
What Should I know about the lipo procedure?
- In most cases liposuction surgery is done on an outpatient basis and is done inside the doctor’s office/surgical center. If you are having an extreme amount of fat removed it may require an overnight stay in a hospital. Either way, plan on having someone drive you home afterward.
- Depending on the individual’s procedure, you will receive a general anesthesia that will “put you out – You won’t be awake for the surgery. Some minor liposuction surgery may use a local anesthesia, meaning you will be awake but will not feel any pain.
- In many cases, recovery is minimized; allowing those who underwent this treatment resume normal and everyday activities 24-48 hours after the surgery.
- The Doctor may ask permission to take before and after pictures for comparison and use in marketing the procedure.
- In all cases you will meet with the surgeon to talk about your goals, the options, the risks and benefits, and the costs.
Are the Results Permanent?
The short answer is yes because fat cells are removed during the procedure. The longer answer is that new fat cells usually go to different areas of your body, so it is important to maintain an active lifestyle and eat a healthy diet.
Is liposuction covered by insurance?